Re: Problem building kernel:undefined reference to 'active_load_balence'

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:31:18 -0500, you wrote:

>This is a KNOWN and benign problem with building NPTL kernels. I have
>found that it will sometimes go away if you re-run make BzImage.
>Strangely, I have also had success by entering make menuconfig, exiting,
>saving the unchanged configuration and then rerunning make dep and make
>bzImage. Someone else suggested running "make oldconfig" twice.

When I type 'menu oldconfig' on a Fedora Core 1 kernel, I have to
found out, that configuration setting are going lost in the
.config file.

For example, the config setting to using POSIX ACLs on EXT3FS are
going lost.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt