SOund Problem Continues

OK here is what I tried to make my sound card to work.

1. Fedora detects my soundcard as i810
2. in the sound play test there is nothing
3. I tried to install alsa. compiled it. and when i
tried alsaconf to set it up for me it failed to load
alsa service i think. it somehow could not load the
sound modules.
4. then I thought of installing OSS the commertial one
to see if it works there. As again it said some snd
some crap not compiled in the kernel.

I have an asus p4p800-vm main board with onboard sound
card. I am troubled. As this pc is new and i havew all
my movies and mp3s oggs in my local hard drive which
is under reiserfs. I need to play them can anyone help

=====