Re: NFS Install Hangs

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

On Nov 12, 2003, Johnathan Kupferer <johnathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

About ten minutes into it, the NFS installs froze.

I've experienced similar behavior on all memory-starved hosts I tried
to install to at the uni the other day. Graphical installs would
consistently get blocked at varying points. Text installs completed
without a hitch. This was on 64-MiB boxes, FWIW. No useful messages
in any of the VTs, and not a real hang. Since the Release Notes
mentioned 192MiB was a minimum for graphical, I went with text, and
that worked.

All the machines in the lab have 512MB of ram so there shouldn't have been memory issues. Also since I ran through the same steps with RedHat 9 in the same lab a few months ago I don't think its hardware related.