Re: all drawers open when panel appears

David Carson wrote:
Yet another drawer problem in FC1:

If I set my gnome-panel to autohide, all the drawers
open up each time the panel appears.  This is also
true if I hide and unhide manually.  Not only that, if
I try to launch one of the apps in the drawer by
clicking on the app icon in the drawer, the whole
panel disappears, making it impossible to launch the
app (autohide only -- I have worked around this part
of the problem by disabling autohide).

I have played with the settings of the panel, I have
created a brand new panel with a drawer, nothing seems
to fix it.

My system is running FC1, upgraded from RH9.

Thanks,
David

Since there were questions about the drawer feature. I decided to try out the feature.

I added the drawers to the panel. Then I dragged an icon from my panel to the drawer. It took, so I dragged another application icon into the drawer. Both applications, now within the drawer launched correctly.

After I set the top panel to autohide, it did as you described. All of the "drawers" were opened.

My system was upgraded from severn1 to Fedora. I think it is safe to say that this is a bug.

During the beta testing. I don't remember anyone trying out the drawer feature. It needs to be fixed though.

Jim

--
Don't read everything you believe.