Re: Network activation

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 09:11:25AM +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:

> I updated from RH8 to Fedora
> In RH8 I started an ADSL connection at boot-time
>
> Now I get the following message (maybe translation from Italian not very
> good....):
>
> ppp0 interface activation : ./ifup: configuration not found
> use ifup <device name>
>
> and of course ppp0 will not start
>
> After start-up, I can start my connection by network console..
>
> Another issue is that if I make any modification when I exit from network
> configuration graphical console I get the following message:
>
> redhat-config-network
> error saving configuration
> [Errno 2] no such file or directory
> //etc/sysconfig/network-sripts//icfg-lo-rpmsave
>
> What does it mean??
>
> Another issue is that at shutdown of the machine i get the following
> message
> fgrep ifgcg-ppp0 no such file or directory
>
> Are the three issues strictly connected???
>
> Tnx
>
> Antonio
I don't know if this will help you. But first is it:
fgrep ifgcg-ppp0 no such file or directory
that was the error or
fgrep ifcfg-ppp0 no such file or directory

Well here is what I found. During the use of redhat-config-network
one of the questions I was asked was to enter my Internet provider, I
didn't know what to answer since I connect to my machine at work so
I entered: Trinity
the name of the university.
I was surprised to find afterword that to bring up the connection I
had to type: ifup Trinity
because the ifcfg file that was created was called: ifcfg-Trinity
That is a little screwy but I can see why that might be done if you
wanted to connect to several Internet providers.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.