FC1 boot problem

Hello,

I am trying to install Fedora core 1 (with GRUB) on the following pc, using
the graphical install program :

Asus P4B with latest bios upgrade, 256 Mb ram, Maxtor 80 Gb harddisk, Intel
PIV 1.5 Ghz., Intel chipset
Installation works fine, but at the end of the process after the graphical
screen disappears,
a lot of these text messages show up : rpm, fatal region error, run recovery
When rebooting (after pressing Enter on the Grub entry: FC1 kernel 2.4.22
...) I get the message: file not found error 15 and nothing happens, the
system won't boot
I also tried with : Force Lba32 but this did not lead to success.

If have md5sum checked the 3 yarrow iso's and they all are fine.
I have media checked the 3 cd's and they all are fine.
The maxtor 80 Gb harddisk is a new harddisk with no other OS installed on
it.
I checked the harddisk for bad blocks, and it showed no bad blocks at all.
during installation I have indicated to put the bootloader in the MBR
I know that the hardware is OK because I checked that as well

During installation I switched consoles using CTR+ALT+F1..F6 but I could not
find a cause of failure.

I have also used the same 3 cd's to install FC1 on another pc with Asus
P4T-e motherboard and this worked out OK
Nothing went wrong and fc1 can be booted and run on this pc.

Has anyone got a solution to this ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Jeroen van Tilburg