Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: [ibm jdk 1.3.1] Segmentation fault with Fedora core 1

humm yes,

just read the release notes. then you will see that,
this will not work because of nptl.
no version prior 1.4.1 will work.

hope i could help you

-andy

pascal.rapaz@xxxxxxxx wrote:

So, I've tried the Sun JDK 1.3.1_09 and it work fine but my application not :(

IBM has probably  patched his jdk version making my application incompatible with the other JDK

Visibly haven't other choices to use the IBM version

     Pascal

"M.Hockings" <veeshooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé par : fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx

10.11.2003 15:04
Veuillez répondre à fedora-list

        Pour :        fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
        cc :
        Objet :        Re: Réf. : Re: [ibm jdk 1.3.1] Segmentation fault with Fedora core 1

I think you will find that with RH9 and FC1 only JDK's >=  1.4 will
work.  Though you might find that the latest Sun 1.3 _may_ work, not
sure about that though.

Mike

pascal.rapaz@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Unfortunately the project that I'm working on don't run with jdk 1.4.x
> because the server side (websphere 4) must be compiled with ibm jdk
> 1.3.x.
>
> In the future I will probably install both 1.4 and 1.3 jdk version
> but, for this moment, I can't do anything without the 1.3 version.
>
>    Pascal
>

>                  Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Envoyé par : fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> 10.11.2003 14:21
> Veuillez répondre à fedora-list
>

>         Pour :        fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>         cc :
>         Objet :        Re: [ibm jdk 1.3.1] Segmentation fault with
> Fedora core 1
>

> Once upon a time at band camp Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:07 pm,
> pascal.rapaz@xxxxxxxx
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to install the IBM JDK 1.3.1 SR5 but I alway have a segmentation
> > fault when I'm trying to launch java.
> >
> > I've followed the releases notes instructions but without success:
> 'export
> > LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5'  nor 'export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19' don't
> > resolve my problem!
> > When I do 'java -version' or 'java -classic -version' I alway have a
> > 'segmentation fault' without any other explanation.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> im using suns 1.4.1 and it works fine i would sugest you get a copy of
> a newer
> jdk  you will get the added benefit of being able to use java in mozilla
>
> Dennis
>

> --

    andreas sartori
    system management
    information & network technologies
    redhat certified engineer

    fh salzburg fachhochschulgesellschaft mbh
    schillerstraße 30
    5020 salzburg austria
    tel. +43 662 4665 652 / fax 659
    http://www.fh-sbg.ac.at/int/

begin:vcard
fn:andreas sartori
n:sartori;andreas
org:;INT
adr:;;Schillerstrasse 30;Salzburg;Salzburg;5020;Austria
email;internet:andreas.sartori@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title:fh salzburg fachhochschulgesellschaft mbh
tel;work:+43 662 4665 652
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.fh-sbg.ac.at/int/
version:2.1