I've taken a step into a larger world....

    I'm an old hand at the Redhat game, I've been with it since 4.0, but
this is the biggest change since then.

    If anyone's having trouble getting it to work with the July 28th
Nvidia installer, there's a shortcut.

    1. Run the installer with --add-this-kernel.  That'll create a new
installer that has the work 'custom' in it.  Trust me: this works.

    2. Then run the new installer; it'll do it for ya.   Yay!

    ...but the first step requires you have the kernel source and all
the usual tools installed first.  But it works beautifully!

    Now...if someone can tell me the secret of the holy grail, I'd be
set.  Until then, maybe someone knows how to run TeamSpeak with Enemy
Territory?  Quake stuff won't open unless it has 'sole' control of the
sound devices...and you can't spawn anything from ET. Go figure...

Brian FahrlÃnder                     Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                    http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262