Re: how does this work

Nicolas & Maria wrote:
worked with windows products since 99, linux products no skill set. I hate
to admit to it, but Gui is all i know. Can I be saved

Everyone starts somewhere but only the smart ones start at the beginning. Knowing what you don't know is the key; admitting it is best. If you've been working with computers for four years you can probalby figure this stuff out.

At any rate, lets assume you have a computer to start with. Follow the directions at: http://fedora.redhat.com/download/

Don't worry about patches and what-not yet. You'll probably rebuild the thing a few times anyway.

Once you get it loaded, get the "Getting Started Guide" at: http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/

The Red Hat guy that writes these things is a good writer and has put a lot of effort into providing great advice.

Other than that I suggest one simple rule: Remember that we all pretty much did the same thing you're about to do and we've probably already made the same mistakes and had the same frustrations. It isn't the easiest thing in the world, but it is pretty fun if you don't beat yourself up over it.

ciao!

leam