Re: Fedora install exits abnormally - "received signal 15"..

At 13:46 11/11/2003, you wrote:
After getting some great advice from others on this mailing list regarding FTP installation of Fedora, I was able to begin an install using FTP on an older Sony laptop.

I thought everything was going great when I saw that the Fedora install logged into my FTP server and began downloading Fedora/base/netstg2.img, but the screen eventually blanked out (I think after this file was downloaded? The NIC was obviously transferring data and then stopped) and I got the following message:

"install exited abnormally -- received signal 15"

And then the install shuts down.

Is this something I might be able to fix? The laptop is a Sony PCG-505G w/ a Pentium MMX. The NIC I'm using is a Linksys PCM100. (I tried a couple other NIC's without success, this PCM100 finally worked and got DHCP, logged into my FTP, etc.)

How much RAM is in this computer? I had two computers (P/166 both) with 32 MB barf on FTP installs, and in each case increasing RAM to 64 MB made the FTP install proceed normally.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx