Re: Samba

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 10:08:52PM +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> I had Samba-2.2.7a running on my RedHat 8 (I suppose that I will have
> same problem on my RedHat9 when I will do a fresh install (due to some
> problems, I will test a fresh install ;-)  )
> I updated to Fedora, and now I can print but samba shares are not
> working any more: computer are seen on Windows network but neither I can
> access to my Linux box, nor access my Windows machine from my Linux box.
> What is wrong???

Fedora uses Samba-3, which is way cooler than samba-2.2, but it's
configuration is a little different.  Take a look at
/usr/share/doc/samba-3.0.0/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

After you've read that, if you're still having trouble, you'll be able
to describe what's wrong in enough detail that we'll be able to help.

				-- JF