Problems with Kernal header files

This is really strange...

I have Fedora Core 1.0 installed on my portable (Sony Vaio) and since it was running fine, I decided to install it on my desktop system (DEll Dimension 4500). As part of the installation I wanted to install VMWare 4 to have a virtual Windows 2000 installation...

What is really weird is that I have installed it on the portable and it went fine, however, when I try it on the desktop, I get:

> What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your running
> kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]. The path "/usr/src/linux/include" is not an existing directory.

I check and this is indeed true, there is no directory /usr/src/linux, so I add correct directory path to the only linux there is in /usr/src and get the following error:

>What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your running
>kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include] /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/include
>
>The kernel defined by this directory of header files is multiprocessor, while
>your running kernel is uniprocessor.

This is crazy. How comes I get the error on one machine and not the other - they are both Fedora Core 1.0 installations, and obviously neither is multiprocessor.

Many thanks,

Tim Read