Re: ACPI KERNEL 2.4.22 INCOMPATIBLE WITH KDE???

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 02:33, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 09:27, Giuseppe Cavallo wrote:
> > Yer I have passed acpi=on and acpi function normality, but the problem is
> > that when I login in Kde (with GNOME I don't proof) the system  don't
> > shoutdown completely but on the monitor I watch the string "Power down"
> > and I must shutdown the system with the power button.
>
> ACPI is of a lower level that of desktops. It can't be 'compatible' with
> KDE because it's not supposed to! :)

I do ;-)

> That said, if you type: shutdown
> on a console, you will likely see the same problem. It may happen that
> the ACPI included with your Linux does not support your laptop, though.

If I don'd load ACPI also when I login in KDE the system shoutdown. But if I
login in KDE also under console(by root or user) if I login in kde the system
don't turn off the computer but I manualy shout down it.
I have used shutdown -h "now" or poweroff.

> Are you sure acpi is loaded?
> Do you have: ls -alF /proc/acpi/event
> ??

Yes I'm sure if you want I send you my dmesg :-).

--
[--Saluti Giuseppe Cavallo--]