Re: RH9 -> to Fedora upgrade

On Monday 10 November 2003 23:17, Joe Szilagyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if it's been asked, I couldn't find it in my saved list emails.
> Is there documentation anywhere on upgrading from RH9 to Fedora?
> Thanks.
>
> _____________________
> Regards, Joe

I did the RH9->Fedora over-the-network ftp upgrade on my vaio laptop
this past weekend just using the standard "upgrade"  choice when given
the opportunity.  There were no big problems to speak of.

The only minor glitch was;

yum was not installed even though up2date is now configured to use it,
so I had to install it manually.  After installation up2date blew up
with an error "list index out of range"  but emptying out the
/var/spool/up2date directory cleared that problem.

Regards,  Mike Klinke