CPU Utilization

I've finally gotten my Proliant 5000 to boot under Grub and Core-1 (memory not recognized due to BIOS). I'll update my other post later.

Now that C1 is running I wanted to see what was shown via text mode program top. Top loads, shows the four CPUs in the Proliant but the numbers displayed under user, nice, system and idle are all 0.0%. The columns IRQ, SOFTIRQ and IOWAIT occasionally show some changes but the others stay at 0.0% Has anyone else observed this?