hiding kernel boot messages [was Re: Fedora Core + KDE unstable?]

Ogden, Aaron A. wrote:

Message: 14
From: David Balazic <david.balazic@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "'fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx'" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Fedora Core 1 + KDE unstable?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:53:28 +0100

First the good... I like the new startup screen, it's very

professional

looking and it hides the scary boot messages from PHBs and newbies.

That is strange, on my FC1 system I saw 2-3 pages of cryptic,

newbie-eating,

PHB-scaring messages, before they were hidden by the gfx boot thing.

Yes I noticed that too, but at least most of the messages are hidden, although they are still available if you want them. (I do) For some reason my system is showing them all the time now, the screen that hides the boot messages does not appear anymore. I don't remember turning it off, or even how I would go about turning it off...

Adding "quiet" after "rhgb" in your /etc/grub.conf should do the trick.

Garrett