dvd iso media check

I made a DVD iso of Fedora Core 1 using isos for disc1-disc6 (all md5s
were good), and then used implantisomd5 to implant the md5 on the DVD
iso, and then checked it using checkisomd5. This was all done on a RH9
box. So far, so good.

I then burned the iso to a DVD-R(W) using:

dvdrecord -dao -pad driveropts=burnfree dvd.iso

and verified the md5sum of the written disc by getting the number of
blocks from isoinfo, and piping dd to md5sum for the correct number of
blocks and blocksize. The md5 sum of the burned DVD matches that of the
iso file. This is the same way I burn Fedora/RedHat CDs, and have never
had a problem with media checks.

For some reason I can't get the DVD media check to work, despite the
fact that the install works fine. I've tried burning without the -pad
option as well without success. Any ideas?

Also, the installer popped up a dialog telling me I would need discs 1-3
during the install, despite the fact that the fourth line of the
.discinfo file says 1,2,3,4,5,6. RH9 never did this. Should I bugzilla
it?

Cheers,

Eric