Re: Fedora Core 1 + KDE unstable?

On November 10, 2003 10:44 am, Ogden, Aaron A. wrote:
	<snip>
> bad thing either.  Unfortunately, FC1 is completely unstable on my
> system, simple operations like cutting and pasting files between two
> folders lock up the system.  In another instance the system locked up
> during mouse-over of the 'find files' item on the KDE menu.  In all
> cases the system is locked up hard and normal escape routes
> (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, etc.) have no effect.  So after
> three hard crashes in ten minutes I'm thinking that FC1 + KDE is
> completely unstable and maybe I should try using GNOME instead.  Okay, I
	<snip>
> 1) Fedora Core 1 + KDE has serious problems.
> 2) Fedora kernel 2.4.22-nptl.2116 (or whatever) has serious problems
> 3) Nvidia Nforce2 drivers are defective

This could be related:  Using redhat 7.3 (fully up2dated) with kernel 2.4.20
and KDE causes my system to lock-up in the same manner.  It can be as soon as
a few minutes after a reboot.  It happens by just by doing simple tasks, but
I can't see how to make it repeatable.  Only seems to happen in KDE apps, and
only started happenning after I upgraded to 2.4.20.  I reverted back to
2.4.18 and everything is stable again.  I'm not sure if it's a hardware
problem or not.  I haven't run a proper memcheck in about a year, but last
time I did everything checked out.