up2date doesn't alert users about updates (turn red color)

hi,

I've just added ayo.freshrpms.net to the
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file.  When I attempt to do
a up2date, the usual register bug appears (was said to
be fixed soon) and then it shows that there are
packages available for updates.  However, the rhn
alert notification icon on the panel does not give any
indication (ie. turn red color with an exclamation
mark).  Have anyone noticed this? Is this a bug or i
have repeated someone else's post? I'm sorry if i am..