Re: mailing list subject lines

At 21:42 11/9/2003, you wrote:
Can I request that the mailing list administrators set-up the mailing list so
that emails are sent with something like "[fedora]" prepended to the subject
line?

Oh no... please, no.

The other mailing lists I'm subscribed to prepend their subject lines with
[mailing-list name] and it makes it much easier to get a handle on my inbox
in the mornings.

Can I help you get your email filters set up? (Seriously.) Mungeing subject lines makes it a lot harder to read mail on text consoles (or at least to see what mail is about), which I have to do far too often. Please let's try to avoid this.

My personal opinion, just like yours.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx