Re: ACPI solution

Alfa Dankel wrote:
I've have Fedora core 1 installed in my computer, but don't turn it off. In KERNEL NOTES SAY:
"using the following boot-time option:
acpi=on " - where is this? - what file? -

Please may you  explain me step by step what I must to do to resolve it.
How I can activate ACPI support in my system. I've got Intel Board D845GBV.

Fedora will have  AMD Athlon 64 support in the future?

If you need to boot into it initially to change the file /boot/grub/grub.conf file.

I would highlight the kernel that you want to boot with, then press e for edit. Then highlight the second line and press e again. On the end of the boot line, add a space then acpi=on - This will get you a booting system with acpi support.

If you are installing initially. I believe that you would type
linux acpi=on

This should add the line to /boot/grub/grub.conf as other posters described.

Jim

-- Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example. -- La Rouchefoucauld