Re: Installing RealPlayer RPM trashed RPM database! How to fix?

James J. Ramsey wrote:

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19 rpm -Uvh \
rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm

Why did you do the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL during the rpm installation?

Because when the RealPlayer RPM is installed, it pops up a dialog for entering user information, connection speed, and then it pops up RealPlayer itself.

rpm -Uvh rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm --noscripts

Hopefully Real's Helix initiative will resolve this situation soon...

I'm probably legally required to mention that I'm an employee of RN, and by extention, a stockholder.