GNOME Settings daemon is driving me crazy...

There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work
correctly.

The Settings Daemon restarted too many times.

The last error message was:

Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure occurred

GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log
in.

This warning is becoming a close friend of mine since I see it on a
regular basis from setting my clock to installing an rpm. What's up with
GNOME?

I've tried deleting my .config files in my ~/ dir, killing gconf2 and
logging out and back in, etc. but still get the error and lose my
settings... it takes a reboot to solve unfortunately. Anyone else
experiencing this?
--
Robert Brimhall <rbrimhal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>