XFree86-DRI missing after running a 3D application and slow name resolution

I’m referencing the bugzilla article 107841 regarding after compiling and installing the nvidia.o Kernel Module 1.0-4496 and getting the error:  Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0". whenever a 3d application is run on its second time.  Does anyone know what it is that is causing this, and how to fix it, or should I just wait until NVIDIA releases and updated driver?  I never had this problem in RedHat 9…

Also, it seems like it takes my system at least five to ten seconds to do a name query, where as when I was running RedHat 9, name resolution seemed much much quicker.  I’ve noticed this through out the betas [1 through 3].  I’ve tried it on two different systems, and the same results.  Has anyone else run into this as well?

-Ubence