wierdness with nvidia

Hello,
I just installed Fedora Core one after running RH 9 since it's release
and it's working great with two minor problems.

1) With the acpi=on option I'm getting unresolved symbol errors at boot
about floppy.o not existing and toshiba.o errors? Can I fix this?

2) I am unable to use the rhgb with the nvidia drivers... the graphical
boot runs fine but the entire system freezes when the mouse cursor
appears just before the GDM "beep" and screen.  The system does not
respond to any keyboard or mouse actions but seems frozen. Works fine
with the nv driver. Any suggestions?