I like kernel messages!! And not GDM!!

Hello list, i'm Italian, so please forgive me if i make funny errors while
writing. =)
I like kernel messages, so i did #vi /etc/inittab and set the default runlevel
to 3.
Everithing i'ts ok now, except that my monitor turns hitself off in the login
phase, i think because fedora tries to start GDM...?
How can i get rid of the graphical login? I just want to enter "the old way".
Thanks in advance for your help.

Enrico