Re: No Full Control Install!

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 12:09, David C. Hart wrote:
> I'm glad that I tried this on a client first.
>
> If I go the Upgrade route, I have no control over what is upgraded. It's
> all or none. Moreover, there is no apparent means of installing new
> packages.

AFTER install, use System Settings > Add/Remove Applications to make any
changes you wish.

> If I go the install route (without format) and then choose "Custom" it
> does not give me the ability to completely control what is installed.
> Furthermore, the individual packages option no longer exists. Custom
> simply present the packages with fewer things checked. WHATEVER HAPPENED
> TO THE INDIVIDUAL PACKAGE LIST?

This was discussed ad nauseum in the lists and the decision was made to
simplify the install and leave more refined choices to later.  This
seemed to satisfy most participants.  You are an example that not all
people can be pleased by choices that are made.

Gerry