Re: adding new packages

Albert DE WINT wrote:
Hi,

I installed Fedora Core 1 from ISO's previously downloaded on my
Mandrake partition.  I did not actually burn the disks. (It's a waste of
CDROM's)

Now I would like to add some packages.  (I may need some tools and
libraries to compile an OSS sound module and to have the
nVidia-installer compile a 3D driver.)

Actually, all you have to have is the kernel-source rpm for whichever kernel you wish to compile OSS against.

After selecting the packages, the Fedora installer requests to insert
the 1st CDROM, which obviously I don't have.

Is there a way to install the selected packages from the ISO's,
previously stored on my Mandrake partition?  Or will I have to burn the
disks anyway?

Sure...you can do it the same way I did my network install.

Create a mount point, like /mnt/disc1 or some such.

Then, as root, "mount -o /path/to/yarrow-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/disc1"

You can then cd all around /mnt/disc1 and retrieve any RPM you wish.

Thanks for any assistance.

Albert