Re: Yet another BitTorrent Thread

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:22:26PM -0600, Justin L Croonenberghs wrote:
> I just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed this; very busy Torrents
> tend to perform a little slowly for most users. I can usually pull around
> 40KiB over my DSL connection, (any kind of download) but the Fedora
> Torrent is only running around 15-20KiB. Am I the only one? Or are others
> noticing the slow performance?

It all depends on how many uploaders are servicing how many
downloaders, and it can change drastically during a download.  For
example, when I pulled down Fedora via BT, the download started at
around 22KiB/second, then went to around 80KiB/second for a while,
then finished up at around 40.

This is still slower than I've seen on BT--I pulled Severn at well
over 120KiB/second.  Could be due to an initial rush of people
downloading and not leaving their client running afterwards.

--
Tim Lesher <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
http://www.lesher.ws