yarrow installation problems

I installed the yarrow distribution at home on a brand X machine (after
testing the media on CD 1 in a separate step).

Now at work I am trying to do this on DELL precision 340's. On two
different machines and with two different burns of CD 1 I get the
following behavior:
After choosing the graphics install I come to the gui to choose test or
skip. If I choose skip I get the following errors:
error 2 reading header cpio: Bad Magic (repeated twice)

Running anaconda Please wait ..............
exec of anaconda failed: Bad addressinstall exiting abnormally

I can't go any further.

However if I start the same way but choose Test the CD passes the
test and when I choose Continue the install succeeds.

Can this be explained or fixed in some way?
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.