Re: nvidia driver

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 03:48:47PM -0600, Marc Williams wrote:
> > Build them with gcc32 like the kernel is built.
>
> Maybe it's S.O.P. to ship a compiler that's different than the one that
> built the kernel but it sounds strange to me, a layman.

It has happened in the past, I think in RH6.x, IIRC - there was egcs
and kgcc, the latter being used for the kernel only. Reason being at
the time that egcs was not deemed able to produce working kernels
(don't ask me for details, I didn't dig into it that deep). I don't
know whether that's the reason in this case as well, but this setup is
not unheard of.

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org