Re: samba config

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 17:32, Andy Choens wrote:
> I use my laptop at work, where we have a windoze server called
> Monica.  I would like to get onto Monica, but I can't get SMB to
> work.  I've read that there are some problems with Fedora and SMB, but
> I haven't read a work-around....and there's always a work around.
> Monica is running M$ Server 2003, and I would like to know what I need
> to do to my smb conf to get this to work.

smb.conf controls the samba server that can run on your Fedora laptop.
To access your MS samba server you don't need to run a samba server on
your laptop.

There is a good chance it will "just work" if you connect your laptop to
your work network, and go to the Fedora menu (with the hat) and select
"Network Servers".  You should see the name of your work domain as an
icon, and when you double-click on it you should see Monica.

For more details, like if you are having problems logging in or seeing
files, check out the Samba documentation on the web:
http://samba.org/samba/docs/