Re: Server Install

David,

Create a directory and copy all the files from the images into that directory. I did

  mkdir -p /usr/local/kickstart/fedora/1
  cp -Rpv --reply=yes /mnt/iso?/* /usr/local/kickstart/fedora/1

then just installed over FTP from the machines I needed to install.

In your case, you can install from Local Disk, and it should work fine.

1) Upgrading seems to work well for the horribly messed up machine that a workmate uses as a workstation, and in the past its worked ok too. Other than that, I can't vouch for it. Depends on how much time you have to rebuild it if you do it clean, I guess.

2) If you do the thing above (merge the CDs) then you won't need to worry about it because its not a 'cd' install.

3) best way to upgrade is to reboot off the /images/boot.iso CD and do an upgrade install through that. Future versions of Fedora seem to be able to do an upgrade between major releases using up2date, but won't be able to confirm that til Fedora Core 2 is released, I guess ;)

Good luck with it,

Nathan.