Re: Meaning of "Yarrow"

Shanon Fernald wrote:

Just curious. This has been bugging me. Wasn't "Shrike" the name of a previous release of redhat? I know that the Shrike is from the great sci-fi novel Hyperion. Now if I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a "Yarrow" tree or something in the book too? Is that the relation between these two release names? Sorry if I am totally off-base here, but in the back of my mind this has been driving me crazy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thad Peck [mailto:peck6@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 6:20 PM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Meaning of "Yarrow"

yarrow - ubiquitous strong-scented mat-forming Eurasian herb of wasteland, hedgerow or pasture having narrow serrate leaves and small usually white florets; widely naturalized in North AmericaPeter Eddy

Are we to gleen some meaning for the name of this release? e.g. "herb of wasteland"

Just wondering?????

Thad F. Peck Sr. Technical Associate Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory JCATS 5.0 Lives....