Re: Will there be a mailing list and web page for security updates and bug fixes?

At 15:24 11/5/2003, Ben Russo wrote:
With regards to "stability" there are two different ways to interpret that, stability in that it doesn't crash, and stability
in that the compatability of the binaries and code doesn't change over time.
As far as "crash and bug resistant" I think Fedora will be as good as RedHat linux was.
But with regards to a stable code base and binary compatability over time, Fedora will be much less stable than
RedHat 7.3 or 8.0 was (for example).

While I agree that this is "interpretation," to me _stability_ means it doesn't crash and has few bugs. Binary compatibility over time is an important issue in many ways, but if Fedora 1 never crashes and Fedora 2 never crashes, then for me it's **stable** even if it turns out that Fedora 2 apps don't run on Fedora 1. That is longevity, useful life of an app's version, whatever... but it's not stability.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx