Re: Packaging changes with Fedora?

repackaged, or deprecated, but they're definitely in Shrike and missing from
Severn.

The only packages in question (at least the ones that I know of) are:
perl-CGI
perl-CPAN
perl-DB_File

... which reveals this to be a very small and unimportant problem, but the
question remains - is Severn being intentionally distributed without support
for these three Perl modules?

The three modules in question appear to be packaged in perl-5.8.1-91. So,
at least, in the 0.95 release of Severn, they've been repackaged for
whatever reason. I don't imagine that it will change when Fedora Core 1
is release Real Soon Now. They've been bundled in the main Perl
distribution for a while now, so I guess Fedora is just catching up.

Right, when I upgraded from RH9 to FC1b3 using up2date, I had to remove
pine and those perl modules first. Then the upgrade went fine.