Re: MySQL user 'root' without password is fine?!

Hello Gordon,

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> You're right.  The "mysqladmin ping" command should be:
> /usr/bin/mysqladmin ping -u UNKNOWN_USER 2> /dev/null
>
> Otherwise, mysqladmin will always try to connect as the "root" user, which
> will almost always (and *should* always) have a password.

Yepp, but why doesn't Kim Ho accept that? My bug report was TWO times
closed by this maintainer!

> It might have been a misunderstanding. Hopefully it can be resolved.

How? So my bug report is always closed again and bound to the group
"rhnpm", also only a few people can read that report...

I thought to post all in all at bugtraq - maybe then I'm not ignored...

> > And I think it's ugly to use "2> /dev/null" at a Bash script...
> It's perfectly normal, and appropriate in this case.

Okay ;-)

Do you have an idea which person from Red Hat/Bugzilla I can add to the bug
- a person that maybe helps to say Kim that she is wrong?!

Yours sincerly,

Robert