info on installing, rather confused

I was a bit more confident when approaching the idea of installing fedora, but after reading about... I'm a bit more unsure of my talent in relation to being able to do this. So I'm trying to build a better understanding.

Anyway, I'm a bit above average as far as computer users go (I make well formatted XHTML 1.0 strict, use CSS to format, have set up a couple DAW/HDR's and can generally work my way out of most problems).. But not that much when it comes to anything like this. I've been wanting to move to Linux for a while, but lack of HDD space and heavily authoritarian parents have kept me from it. We recently had our whole HDD reformatted by an idiot tech who didn't listen to a word I said. The silver lining is that I now can install Linux.

After the tech reformatted the HDD, he split our 45 gig HDD into 2 partitions: a 30 gig and a 15. So, it registers as this in windows: