Re: Bug voting? (in Bugzilla or whatever)

On July 28, 2003 00:18, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> This does nothing to avoid the problem: only technical users bother with
> the bug database, or mailing lists, or irc, or whatever.  Adding voting
> to the bug database is just giving more voice to the people who already
> have it, and not do anything for the people who don't.

Do we need the opinion of users who are not already able to voice it or do we
already know what they'd request?

- Better graphics
- More speed
- Boot faster
- Less text
- Ability to download/buy more third-party applications more easily
- Games
- Better support for such and such piece of hardware

That's the kind of data you'll get when you give voice to non-technical users.
While it may become a good idea at some point in the future, Red Hat's
bugzilla grows more than it shrinks. Fix more bugs than filled, then give
voice to more users to have a bigger bug flow.

OTOH, I think it would be useful to know what bugs are more important than
others, and this can be known by enabling voting.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80@xxxxxxxxxxx>
http://nomis80.org