Re: Gnopernicus

Colin Charles wrote:

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 02:17, Elton Woo wrote:

Furthermore from the "Start Here" icon on the desktop, go to: Preferences --> Sound (the loudspeaker icon) and *enable* the following: Sound Server at Startup and System Sounds. (These are disabled by default. As an added precaution, you might also wish to verify that your external speakers are plugged into the proper sound card outlet.).

I tried this... And now, I'm in for more failures! Attached is what I see.

Seems worse to me...

Ok. I may have misguided you here, and for that I apologise. I suspect enabling system sounds (as I suggested) might be *wrong*. Probably gnopernicus can't / won't share output with system sounds enabled, so try *only* "enable Sound Server at startup".

Kindly let me know if this solves the problem. If otherwise, I'm afraid
I'm out of ideas ...

HTH,

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.