From: Sergiu Giurgiu [mailto:gsergiu@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 4:08 PM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mount ntfs

as it should be (as they are at the other directories from /mnt).
when i mount it (even as a simple user) they become with only read and execute right for root.
How can I fix that?

for users other than root to be able to read, do something like

mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/ntfs gid=500,uid=500

Can't recall thge exact syntax.. look up man mount.