From: fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ow Mun Heng
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 1:59 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Mount ntfs

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall Crunk [mailto:crunkrb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 2:53 PM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Mount ntfs

Is there any simple way to mount the ntfs partition read only in Fedora?
I have been Googling for hours. I have been to http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/ and there is not a rpm there for the latest Fedora kernel. I have the fat32 partition on my drive mounted but the ntfs gives me a 'file system not supported in kernel" error.
I have the settings entered into my fstab file.

Let me get things clear... You want to moun ntfs as read only. AFAIK, ntfs support in linux _is_ read only. Write support is 'dangerous' but I do here there's the program called 'captive' which is supposed to do that properly.

Then... you talk about fat32 partition.. fat32 is not the same as ntfs..

so.. if you want to mount a ntfs partition, you use mount -t ntfs...

if you want to mount fat32 you do.. mount -t vfat..

so.. what exactly is it you wanted again???