Re: another yum error... (mis-configuration?)

William Hooper wrote:

Elton Woo said:

so, my mistake was simply copying the
first line of yum.conf, and just *adding* "stable" and "unstable"?

Yes.

Ok. So I'll revert to the original yum.conf, but change the address to a faster mirror as you
described below.

is something I need to correct in the default (first three) ones?

Again, if you want the fedora.us packages: http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/stable/ http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/yum/unstable/

The only thing you would want to do with the first three lines is choose a
faster mirror (which may have been your issue to begin with).  The
archives over the last week or two cover how to do this.

Understood. I *did* see some discussion about the slownes of the default source,
so I'll revisit the archives and find the mirror list. Again, thanks for your help
(... and your patience!) <G>

cheers,

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.