Re: VNC and GDM...

here is the xinetd.d/vnc entry for rh9:
service vnc-svga
{
~        disable = no
~        socket_type             = stream
~        protocol                = tcp
~        wait                    = no
~        user                    = nobody
~        server                  = /usr/bin/Xvnc
~        server_args             = :1 -inetd -query localhost -geometry
1024x768 -depth 24 -once
}
~ this worked for me