Re: [Announce] Libmcrypt and mcrypt rpm's for Fedora 1 and Red Hat 9

Hi,

su, 2003-12-28 kello 23:34, Leonard den Ottolander kirjoitti:
> Hello,
>
>  For those of you who are interested I made available (S)RPM's for
> libmcrypt, libmcrypt-devel and mcrypt for both Fedora Core 1 and Red Hat
> Linux 9 at http://www.ottolander.nl/opensource/mcrypt/mcrypt.html .
>
>  I feel it would be nice if these RPM's and libmhash would be included in
> the core distribution, so PHP can be built with support for libmcrypt and
> libmhash, as fe SUSE already does.

Reflexive response. ;)

There is a nice tool called Checkinstall that can be used to build rpm,
apt or Slackware whatever from almost anything that installs via make
install.  There probably are other tools for this purpose as well.
http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/

I did my install of libmcrypt with it.

For mhash I used the prebuild packages and proceeded with instructions
found from PHP-source distribution to compile and build separate
PHP-module for libmhash support.

Short instructions for doing the same:

- Fetch the source distribution of PHP corresponding to the installed
PHP-version. You can find out the real version of PHP by invoking PHP
with "php --version". http://www.php.net/

- Make sure that you have corresponding php-devel rpm installed. (rpm
-qa | grep php) If you don't have then fetch and install one with yum.

- Install mhash and mhash-devel packages with yum if you have not
already done so.

- Inside the PHP source distribution you find subdirectory
"extension/mhash". Copy this subdirectory to somewhere

- Go to that "somewhere" directory and invoke "phpize" (this command
comes from the php-devel package!).

- "./configure".

- "make clean".

- "make".

- "sudo make install" or if you are root just "make install".

- Configuration files for PHP-modules are located  /etc/php.d. Do a file
called mhash.ini with following one line in it:
extension=mhash.so

- Restart apache

You should now have mhash support for PHP.

More detailed instructions for compiling PHP-modules without compiling
the full PHP can be found from a file named
"README.SELF-CONTAINED-EXTENSIONS" inside the source distribution of
PHP.

Sometimes it pays to read the documentation but I agree, there should be
"official" PHP-modules for mcrypt and mhash and "official"
mcrypt-package.

Regards,
--
Mauri "mos" Sahlberg	Pretax Systems Oy	+358 207 44 2228
Technology Evangelist	Pääskylänrinne 8	+358 207 44 2201