Re: yum error installing cryptplug

Michael Schwendt wrote:

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:22:54 -0500, Elton Woo wrote:

Invoking yum from the root console, I get the following error:

]# yum install cryptplug
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/yum", line 60, in ?
yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])

Since I have never before encountered that error with yum, my attempt
would be to run "yum clean", and if that doesn't help or fails too, I
would try removing old files in /var/cache/yum.

I did rm-f /var/cache/yum/*, then "yum install cryptplug". After downloading
the list of headers, the final result was:
"Cannot find a package matching cryptplug
No actions to take
[root@dhcp-151-7 root]#"
This doesn't make any sense, since cryptplug *is* listed in the _default_
yum & apt stable packages:
http://www.fedora.us/pkglists/fedora-1-stable.html

FWIW, I haven't done changes to the default yum.conf file, so this
repository should be there, shouldn't it?
Before I forget, my reason for wanting cryptplug is because I've installed
enigmail and am about to generate my PGP keys.
... or do I *NOT* need cryptplug, once enigmail is installed?

TIA,

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.