Re: New Year's wish ---- Linux books?

Joolz wrote:

[HD schreef op 28-12-2003 06:52 -0600]

I am still pretty new to Linux. Started out to with Red Hat 9.
Having reached my initial goal of getting RH9 (and then FC1) to do
everything I would normally do on a daily basis with my computer, I
am now wanting to learn more about the wonderful world of Linux

<snip>

IMO Linux is about freedom, letting the computer do what you want.
It's good to see what's under the hood and not do everything with a
Gnome or KDE (or whatever) frontend, but dive into bash, learn how to
use Vim and do some shell scripting.

For bash and commands I couldn't find anything right away (anyone?)

For Vim see: http://www.vim.org/docs.php

My favorite book on bash scripting is
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/. One disadvantage, it's free ;-)

Got those sites bookmarked now. Thanks so much! I can't wait to really dive into this :)

--
HD

Tipping my hat to Fedora.