Re: Kmail / gpg

On December 27, 2003 23:28, Trevor Smith wrote:
> The validity of the signature cannot be verified.
> Problem: OpenPGP plug-in was not specified.
>
> This is not actually correct, is it? The "problem" isn't that the OpenPGP
> plug-in isn't specified; the problem is that I don't have the key in my
> keyring. When I receive a message signed by someone with a public key in my
> keyring (like myself, for example) the message *is* verified properly --
> and I *still* don't have any OpenPGP plug-in specified.

This is a misleading error message, but not in the way you think. There are
two ways one can sign an email: inline or as an attachment. Inline signing is
what kmail does by default. To get it to understand attached signatures, you
have to install the cryptplug rpm, and install the plugin in the kmail
configuration dialog.

Things have moved a lot recently concerning kmail encryption, with 3.2 coming
and all, so you should wait and see how 3.2 behaves before reporting the bug.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80@xxxxxxxxxxx> -- http://nomis80.org