Kernel Panic? HP PSC and SMP Kernel

My dad is running FC1 with the latest updates on P4 with hyperthreading.
As such, he's running an SMP kernel. I have tried repeatedly to get his
printer / scanner combo device (an HP PSC 2410Xi) to work with the HPOJ
(ptal) service.

It does configure itself correctly, but the computer absolutely freezes
whenever he tries to print anything. I'm 100% certain it's USB related
because it's the same hard freeze with flashing keyboard lights others
have reported.

Any ideas how to fix this? If not, I will report it as a bug.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,