Re: Lorma Linux

Jim Cornette wrote:
Sponger wrote:

Whats up with this?

I just read on www.osnews.com that Lorma linux 4.0 is based off of Fedora Core, I know this is legal, but I didn't think it would happen!

I downoaded the distro through mozilla and saved the iso to my usb drive that is vfat. I then burned the image to disc.

Today, I tried to install the distro and it says that it is based off of RH9. There are no release notes. The mediacheck failed and there were packages missing when trying to do a customized install.

At least this distro has a good base. I am not certain if this disc was completely clean, but it does seem to be a worthwhile project.

Has anyone else attempted to install this "Fedora based distro"? Any luck?

Jim

There is actually a Fedora based distribution at the below link. The disc was bad, about 200 mb short, but with a good table of contents.

gd.tuwien.ac.at/linux/lormalinux/LormaLinux4Fedora.iso

is the link. The disc is over 700 mb, but one disc (733,773,824)

Just a correction, I'm done w/ the discussion.

Jim